The Gifts of Christmas Advent Series: The Gift of Joy
Psalm 96:11–13:“Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it. Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy. Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes.”
- Anticipate Joy
- Waiting and Some Watching
- But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord’” Luke 2:10–11
- Recognize Joy
- When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Matthew 2:10–11
- Choose Joy
- Choose Gratitude: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18
- Choose to Obey: John 15:11 “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- Choose to Abide: John 15 Jesus said that just as He remains in His Father’s love, we remain in His love, and our joy is complete.
You can download the PowerPoint presentation: The Gifts of Christmas Advent Series: The Gift of Joy